Monday, December 15, 2008

Life with the New Washer


Sorry for the extended absence. As it turns out, I've been doing laundry!
The new washer is FAN-TASTIC! We're all totally fascinated with the big window in the door. Those clothes slosh and spin like nobody's business!

Video below is from the first water-only run-through. But you can see how fast it is!

The new washer takes longer to go through a load, but after the super-spin cycle, the clothes come out with less water and don't take as long to dry. I've been inspired to catch up on the laundry - towels, sheets, sweaters that I was neglecting, plus all that stuff that had piled up over my month of travel. People here at home don't recognize me. ;-)

I will admit, my new toy in the laundry room is distracting me from the Christmas To Do list. We baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies (about 10 of which are stashed in the freezer for Santa's snacking), and have another couple of batches to work on later this week. It took me three days to re-string the lights on the tree, and then it was another two days before we got started on the ornaments. But, we're back on track, and will have all our Christmas finery washed and ready to wear next week!

3 comments:

Insomniac said...

So which brand washer did you end up getting? (to be filed away for my own future reference) :)

Alison said...

Hey, Sharon! It's a Bosch Nexxt 300 Series. The 500 series has a greater number of wash modes (xtra sanitary, jeans, etc.), but this one was easier on my wallet. ;-) Dad was all about the German engineering, and I've got a friend at work with a Bosch dishwasher - they're very quiet machines!

Insomniac said...

I'll remember your recommendation!