Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's Christmas!

We've had a lazy day today - sleeping late, vegging out in front of the TV and/or computer, raiding the freezer for whatever goodies are down there to make a meal. We did get the girls' sugar cookies made and decorated (and I managed to make colored icing without getting the color all over my hands!). The girls are in bed, and I'm waiting until they're good and asleep before I do anything else. wink.

We did take advantage of the Christmas Music station on the digital cable today - was really nice to have that in the background while baking the cookies and wrapping the last of the family gifts. And I think the version on cable is better than the local radio station who's gone to 24-hour Christmas tunes, because the cable version doesn't have commercials. Although, radio commercials aren't nearly as bad as the commercials on the Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon. My youngest was trying to convince me today that we need the Snugglie - the Blanket With Sleeves! Aaaugh!

This is the first year in many that we've been home for the whole Christmas break. The stars aligned over Columbus, Ohio last weekend and we had Christmas with my family, whereas in normal years, we've made the trip up after the holiday - even as late as New Year's. It was a pretty quick weekend, but well worth it to get the whole bunch of us together. Yay! As an added bonus, we're hoping to see some of our far-flung friends while they're in town with their families.

I think the egg nog in the fridge is calling my name. I'll sign off now, and wish you all a Merry Christmas. ;-)

No comments: