Saturday, November 21, 2009

Why Am I Not Hosting Thanksgiving?



Because my dining room table is currently being used as Legotopia. ;-)

This project started in July, evidently, as a result of my husband's discovery of Lego's Buy A Brick section. His idea was to go through the big bin of inter-mingled Legos and re-assemble all the kits (airplane, pirate ship, town square, etc.). He'd keep track of any missing pieces, and be able to go online and replace them. So, we got the big bin of Legos dumped out on the dining room table, managed to do some sorting over a weekend or two, and then he got laid off.

That put an end to the replacement project, but Legotopia lives on. The girls are in there a couple times a week, making buildings, stores, houses and vehicles. Today, my husband was in there with them, making a creation of his own.

If I'm lucky, we'll have a chance to clean the table off before Christmas. But if not, I'm not going to freak out over it. Who knows, Santa might leave some new Lego sets!

No comments: