Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Week in Review

Well, it's only Wednesday, so this must be a "first week of the new year" in review, not a Sunday-Saturday review. Yeah, let's go with that!

Started off the new year with our friends in Lanesville - drinks, dancing, even an after-midnight stop at Waffle House. We really forgot how old we all are! New Year's day included big naps for most of us!

Our winter break ended with a whimper - we did stop by Blockbuster and rented some games for the DS's - a try-before-you-buy thing. Reviews:

  • Tinkerbell - cute, a little tough for the young one, but the older one took right to it. She is all about the Disney Fairies right now.

  • Mario Party - again, my older daughter took right to it, and the younger one just got a chance to try it out today.

  • NinjaTown - this one was Pat's choice, but I got the second crack at it and really like it. Even played it while waiting for a conference call to start while working from home the other day. Shh!

So far, our back to school for 2009 has been successful - report cards for the 2nd quarter come home on Friday, so we'll know more then.

Tuesday morning started bright and early for me (well, early, anyway) - I made it out to Jeffersonville to be a background performer for the Jazzercise promo spot on the local news show. I have it on DVR...some creativity will be required to get anything out of that format, so we'll see. I did review the footage and I look happily anonymous. And there's no footage of me trying to do push-ups. Hah!

Today's highlight - VINYL! I've been ordering vinyl printed skins for the DS's - so they may be easily distinguished among the cousins'/friends' units - and found offerings to cover laptops and Wii units as well. Lots of fun stuff, but nothing that really inspired me.

Ok, let's talk about this inspiration thing for a minute. You may or may not be familiar with my latest Dream Car - The Dodge Charger. This was further fostered when I was given a 2008 Ford Mustang as a rental car on two separate occasions this summer - the Mustang was fun, but I'm still a mom, and the Charger comes with four doors. Hee! Nevermind that I've not test driven or even sat in the Charger. It's all about the looks, baby. Anyway, some of the racier models come with - wait for it... - racing stripes! Probably not what I'd choose were I driving the thing in real life, but they look pretty cool out on the street. So, this became my inspiration for the laptop skin - just some racing stripes. That's not too racy. ;-)

Well, I didn't find anyone who made a full skin with racing stripes, but I found a supplier of vinyl online (similar to what you might use for vinyl lettering or vinyl decals made with a home die cut system). The vinyl came today, and while dinner was in the oven, I striped my laptop. Yes, this is the highlight of my week, and another case where my scrapbooking tools and research don't have anything to do with photos. Maybe that should be my 2009 Resolution - Use My Scrapbooking Tools for Scrapbooking! Not Just Collecting!

Now, I'm off to stripe my Wii. Happy New Year!


No comments: