Friday, March 5, 2010

Returning to the Routine

Well, it's been a while since I've posted anything bloggy, mostly because we've been busy!

Biggest news - a job for DH! IT Manager for an educational outfit here in town. Lots of stuff to clean up, and hopefully a few quick fixes will greatly improve things there. In fact, he's working late tonight to get through an issue.

Which is where we're returning to our routine - getting all four of us up and dressed and out the door at approximately the same time again takes some choreography - no more multiple snooze sessions after the alarm goes off for me, there's usually some extra ironing to be done in the morning, and outfit coordination for several of us. But, it's a happy problem to have, all things considered.

In and around the job stuff, the girls have started school basketball season. I don't think we're looking at any future stars, but they are getting in there and giving it a shot, and that's all we ask. The games are so much fun to watch - the expression of joy and surprise when the ball ends up in the hands of someone who's not expecting it, the miniature fist-pump when a basket is scored, pint-sized cheerleaders just wanting to twirl in the pleated skirts, and a big brother in the mascot costume trying to navigate the gym with giant foam feet. I have been trying to capture it all with my camera, but am struggling with the lighting...I also probably need to get closer to the action and rely less on the zoom lens. If I make any progress, I will post samples!

No comments: